The KCSD Board of Education approved the following update at the Nov. 1 meeting:
- Beginning Wednesday, Nov. 3, all students in grades 7-12 will have the option to wear masks
- All staff who work directly with students in grades 7-12 or work in a facility where everyone has access to the vaccine will be mask optional
- Staff working directly with students grades 6 and down must still wear mask
- Staff who have mask optional must still wear mask when interacting with students while indoors that do not have access to the vaccine
- Beginning Monday, Nov. 22, all KCSD individuals will have the option to wear masks
- Masks are still recommended for everyone
(Reminder: Masks are still required on all buses. Per Center for Disease Control and Prevention and Department of Health and Human Services Order under section 361 and code 42 of federal regulations, all person are required to wear masks while on conveyances and at transportation hubs effective 2/1/21. The Kentucky Department of Education requires that all school districts follow this order.)
The recommendation was made to the board for consideration based on the totality of the local data as allowed by recent legislative action. The decision is not based on a dashboard/matrix and will be reviewed if future data indicates a need to make additional recommendations to the board for consideration. Additionally, the Nov. 22 date is established to enable 5-11 year olds to access the vaccine. (P will follow K with all guidelines)
Once again, masks are still recommended and welcome in all KCSD facilities. Everyone will have the individual option to wear mask and be vaccinated.
Click here for the COVID-19 Data Dashboard, which tracks positive cases and quarantines by school.