- Summer Feeding- All meal pick-up operations will continue as currently structured until May 15.
Beginning May 18th, the number of meal pick-up locations will be reduced to nine school locations listed below, along with the scheduled day of the week to pick up a meal. All meal pick-up times at schools are from 10:00am to 12:00pm. All eight community site locations will remain open and operating on the current schedule now in place.
We are adding two additional community meal pick-up locations serving lunch only. Lunch will be available for pick-up at the Durr Branch Library in Independence every Friday in the month of June. The curbside pick-up will be available from 12pm to 1pm. Student Nutrition staff also collaborated with the Kenton County Parks & Recreation Department to begin offering a lunch for pick-up on Wednesdays beginning May 20 at Mills Road Park and is scheduled to end August 5th. The scheduled times for lunch pick-up is 11:30am to 12:15pm. Please share these two new opportunities for a pick-up lunch with your families. It is necessary to direct families to the designated location for meal pick-up due to the new compressed list of school sites offering meal pick-up. The following schedule also reflects the appropriate location for schools to direct families for the new designated meal pick-up school sites. This process will remain in effect until June 30, 2020. We will look to the USDA for any changes to the summer meal feeding program that may impact the program beginning July 1, 2020. Our goal is to continue feeding children in July.
Meal Pick-Up Locations:
- · Beechgrove Elementary will have meal pick-up on Tuesday and Thursday
- · Caywood Elementary will have meal pick-up on Monday and Wednesday; Dixie, Turkey Foot, and Hinsdale shall direct their families to Caywood for meal pick-up
- · Fort Wright Elementary will have meal pick-up on Monday and Wednesday
- · Piner Elementary will have meal pick-up on Tuesday and Thursday
- · River Ridge Elementary will have meal pick-up on Tuesday and Thursday
- · Summit View Academy will have meal pick-up on Monday and Wednesday
- · Taylor Mill Elementary will have meal pick-up on Monday and Wednesday; Ryland shall direct families to Taylor Mill for meal pick-up
- · White’s Tower Elementary will have meal pick-up on Tuesday and Thursday; Simon Kenton, Twenhofel, and Kenton shall direct families to White’s Tower for meal pick-up
- · Woodland Middle will have meal pick-up on Tuesday and Thursday; Scott shall direct families to Woodland for meal pick-up