There are two scholarship programs available to students that take dual credit courses in high school, the Dual Credit Scholarship Program and the Work ready Kentucky Scholarship Program.
Dual Credit Scholarship Program
The Dual Credit Scholarship provides assistance for Kentucky high school and home school students who are taking dual credit classes at a participating Kentucky college or university. Eligible students may receive scholarships for up to two classes.
- Student must:
- Be a Kentucky resident; and
- Be enrolled in a Kentucky public or private high school, or Kentucky home school, in grades 11 or 12; and
- Be enrolled, or approved for enrollment, in an approved dual credit class at a participating Kentucky college or university; and
- Complete a 30-minute college success counseling session each year a scholarship is awarded.
- Equal to dual credit class amount charged by the participating college or university.
- Limited to two dual credit classes.
- May not be used for developmental, remedial or repeated classes.
Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship Program
The Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship (WRKS) helps Kentuckians who have not yet earned an associate's degree afford an industry‐recognized certificate or diploma. The WRKS program is available to college students and certain high school students who are enrolled in college coursework. Scroll down to see the high school student requirements.
- A student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be a Kentucky resident
- Be a high school graduate or be enrolled in or have completed a General Educational Development (GED) Program
- Have not earned an associate's or higher degree
- Be enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, at an eligible postsecondary institution in an approved program of study that leads to an industry recognized certificate or diploma or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in a high‐demand workforce sector.
- Qualifying areas for the 2020-2021 year are health care, advanced manufacturing, transportation/logistics, business services/IT, and construction
Dual Credit Scholarship Instructions for 2020-2021 School Year: Fall Semester ONLY
It is time for students to complete the process to receive their dual credit scholarship. Students MUST select their preferences (indicate they want to receive the scholarship and what school the money goes to) in their KHEAA account in order to receive the scholarship. If students do not successfully complete this process, they will be responsible for the cost of tuition.
There are two different scholarship programs that students may be eligible for.
- The Dual Credit Scholarship (DCS) program pays tuition for up to two (2) dual credit courses is available to 11th and 12 graders. These scholarships are based on available funds, with seniors receiving scholarship funds before juniors.
- Students in grades 9-12who are taking Career and Technical Education dual credit can use the Work Ready Dual Credit Scholarship (WKDC) program to pay tuition for two (2) dual credit courses. WKDC provides two scholarships each year.
Please follow the step by step directions on the attached PDF. Click here.
The deadline to select your preference in the KHEAA account is October 1st.