Fort Wright Elementary enjoys a rich tradition of excellence in academics, student achievement, and community and parent involvement. As principal, I embrace the opportunity to expand that tradition to ensure that all students have the solid foundation necessary to meet the ever-changing demands of the 21st century.
The purpose of our school is to equip all students for high levels of learning while fostering their growth in the social/emotional behaviors and attitudes necessary for them to become positive, contributing members of society.
In the spirit of the mission and purpose of Fort Wright Elementary and in support of the district goals set by the Kenton County Board of Education, the goals of the school year will be:
1. for all students to develop literacy and numeracy skills to meet or exceed the grade level standard
2. for all students to engage in learning that is rigorous and relevant, taught by a caring and highly-qualified staff
3. for all students to discover their unique sense of “belonging” to the Fort Wright learning community through class and extra-curricular activities
On behalf of the entire staff, I welcome you to the Fort Wright learning community and invite you to take an active role in developing our most precious resource—our children.
Fort Wright's Mission Statement
- Each student is important.
- Every student can be a successful learner.
- Effort creates ability.
- Self-esteem and personal dignity come from within an individual.
- Each student has a right to a quality education with rigorous learning opportunities.
- Each student has a responsibility to respect others' rights to a quality education.
- Students, educators, staff, families, businesses and the community share in the responsibility for creating an environment in which students
can learn and succeed.
- Recognition and acceptance of cultural, social, physical, and economic differences creates a healthy learning community.
- Learning is a life-long process.
- Students, educators, staff, families, businesses, and the community share in the responsibility for creating an environment in which students
can learn and succeed at high levels.
- Proficiency for all students is within our reach. We believe in excellence for all students.
Fort Wright's Philosophy
The mission of Ft. Wright Elementary School, a learning community dedicated to excellence, is to prepare all children to be successful
lifelong learners and enable them to demonstrate high levels of performance while achieving mastery of Kentucky's Academic Expectations.
Statement of Objectives
In keeping with our philosophy, we seek to implement these objectives for the students of Fort Wright School.
1. Provide a productive climate for learning.
2. Provide opportunities for developing the child's own positive self-image, and for effective interaction with other individuals.
3. Provide instructional activities that allow the child to develop to the extent of his or her abilities.
4. Help children develop a proficiency of essential skills in Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, and Health and Safety.
5. Provide additional assistance for children with special physical, mental, and emotional needs.
6. Promote and encourage parental involvement in all aspects of school life.
7. Provide culturally enriching experiences.