Kenton County School District
Beginning in the fourth grade, all students will participate in at least one activity providing a meaningful connection to school beyond the regular classroom each year.
Para Professional Coaches and Activity Sponsors:
Kenton County Schools strives to provide ALL students with every opportunity to participate in an activity that will lead to a meaningful connection to the school community, as stated in Goal 3. With so many opportunities available, it is sometimes difficult to fill positions with existing certified and classified employees of the district. Therefore it becomes necessary to hire para professionals to lead our students through these activities. The hiring process begins with the information on this page and should be read carefully.
- Certified Paraprofessional Coaches will be offered a position only in those instances in which certified teachers cannot be found to fill a coaching position. Members of the teaching staff receive first consideration when filling extracurricular assignments.
- Certified Paraprofessional positions are one-year only positions and must be applied (or re-applied) for every year.
- KRS 160.380 requires the application and background check process must be completed before conducting any practice or game
Para Professional Application Process:
- Complete the Paraprofessional Coach and/or Club Sponsor online application found under the "Districtwide" location on the District's employment application website: (click the link for the employment website)
- Once you have completed the online application, you will receive an e-mail from the application system requesting you to complete hiring paperwork
- Complete the Federal/State Background Check
- AFTER you complete the online application and the hiring paperwork, call Human Resources at 859-344-8888 to schedule a background check appointment
- Background checks are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY during the following times: (no walk-in appointments will be granted, please call in advance)
- Monday - Thursday, 9 am - 11 am or 1 pm - 3 pm (no availability on Fridays)
- Cost of the background check is $40 and must be paid at the time the background check is conducted
- May pay with exact cash or check/money order payable to "Kenton County Board of Education"
- The following items are required during the background check/new hire paperwork meeting:
- Picture Identification (Driver's License, Passport, etc.)
- Social Security Card
- Official college transcript demonstrating a minimum of 64 college credit hours earned at a 2.5 GPA or higher
- KHSAA By-law 27 waiver may be obtained from the Athletic Director of your school if you do not have 64 college credit hours
- Voided check for direct deposit
- Payment for background check
- Position may be started when, and only when, Human Resources has received all required forms and the results of the background check have been received from the Kentucky State Police
Thank you Para Professionals!
Thank you for your support of ALL students in the Kenton County School District in the role of para professional. We look forward to the amazing contributions you will provide ALL students as you lead them to a meaningful connection to their school, community and education!
The Kenton County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.