Kenton County Schools
Mike Blau - Buildings, Grounds & Maintenance Supervisor
Chad Atchley – Buildings, Grounds & Maintenance Assistant Supervisor
This department is responsible for the maintenance of buildings and grounds for the Kenton County School System. Responsibilities of this department are as follows but not limited to:
• Supervises and repairs the district’s building and grounds.
• Maintains a current inventory of equipment and supplies.
• Establishes an efficient and effective system of routine maintenance.
• Promotes high standards of safety and good housekeeping methods in all work-connected areas.
• Completes all tasks in shortest time possible.
• Performs other assigned duties as may be necessary.
The facilities/maintenance department for the Kenton County Schools support the vision statement for the district which is "to provide a world-class education ensuring ALL students." Are college and/or career ready and prepared for the 21st Century Economy.
The facilities/maintenance department for Kenton County Schools are committed to providing a safe, clean, inviting and energy efficient student learning facilities.
In order to create a collaborative culture, we must work with the staff at each school to maintain student learning facilities in a safe, inviting and energy efficient manner.
In order to ensure student learning we must work around student activities such as testing to maintain the facilities while not disturbing student learning.
Dale Wellman, Master Electrician
General Maintenance Crew
Mike Collins, Carpenter and Certified Playground Inspector
Adam Meyers, Carpenter
Heating and Air Conditioning
Mike Blau, Journeyman HVAC
George Hoffman, Journeyman HVAC
Gary Roell, Journeyman HVAC
Chuck Tackett, Journeyman Plumber
Maintenance Apprentice / Courier
KENTUCKY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION - FACILITIES
KENTUCKY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION - FACILITIES PLANNING MANUAL