Kenton County School District
Beginning in the fourth grade, all students will participate in at least one activity providing a meaningful connection to school beyond the regular classroom each year.
Part-Time Support Personnel
Kenton County Schools strives to provide ALL students with every opportunity to participate in an activity that will lead to a meaningful connection to the school community, as stated in Goal 3. With so many opportunities available, it is sometimes difficult to fill positions with existing certified and classified employees of the district. Therefore it becomes necessary to hire part-time support personnel to ensure all activities are supported and staffed. The hiring process begins with the information on this page and should be read carefully.
- Part-time support personnel will be offered a position only in those instances in which certified teachers cannot be found to fill the position. Members of the teaching staff will always have priority in filling extracurricular assignments.
- Part-time support personnel positions are one-year only positions and must be applied (or re-applied) for every year.
- KRS 160.380 requires the application and background check process must be completed before performing any duty part-time support duty
Part Time Support Personnel Application Process
- Complete the Part-Time Support Personnel Application (click the link to open the application)
- Complete the following "New Hire Packet" (click the link to open the packet)
- The forms are fillable or you may print and hand write the requested information
- Complete the Federal/State Background Check (for applicants 18 years of age or older)
- AFTER you complete the application AND all forms of the New Hire Packet, call Human Resources at 859-344-8888 to schedule a background check appointment
- Background checks are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY during the following times: (no walk-in appointments will be granted, please call in advance)
- Monday - Thursday, 9 am - 11 am or 1 pm - 3 pm (no availability on Fridays)
- Cost of the background check is $40 and must be paid at the time the background check is conducted
- May pay with exact cash or check/money order payable to "Kenton County School District"
- Submit completed "New Hire Packet" to the Human Resources department during your background check appointment
- The following items are required during the background check/new hire paperwork meeting:
- Picture Identification (Driver's License, Passport, etc.)
- Social Security Card
- Voided check for direct deposit
- Payment for background check
The Kenton County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.