I want to welcome you to the 2019-20 school year and let you know how excited I am about the upcoming year. As I begin my second year at Dixie Heights, I look forward to building upon the incredible tradition established over the many decades of our existence. No matter where I go wearing my Dixie Heights shirts, I meet someone who has a connection to our school. It truly is an awesome community and is my honor and privilege to be the leader of the school.
With our faculty and our students, I have shared the following personal goal for this year at Dixie.
We need to create an environment in our school where ALL students LOVE to come to school because it is exciting, supportive, and a place where true learning takes place!
With this goal, we have made a commitment with everyone in our building to four areas that will ensure all students grow and improve this school year.
- Building authentic relationships
- Student relationships contribute to higher achievement.
- Teaching executive functioning skills
- All students need to be effective in organization, planning, & goal setting.
- Implementing innovative instructional strategies
- Engaging instruction empowers students.
- Utilizing behavior supports
- Teaching positive expectations through a restorative approach encourages proper student choices.
We have had a great start to the school year. We are here to support your children to help them achieve to their highest level. There will always be bumps in the road because our young men and women are unfinished products. But we will love, encourage, teach, correct, and support them in their personal pursuits.