To enter kindergarten, a child must be 5 years of age on or before October 1st.
The parent/guardian must bring an original birth certificate to the school during registration.
The parent/guardian should provide the school with the child’s Social Security number on or before the first day of school.
The parents/guardians must provide the school with proof of residency (driver’s license, or utility bill on or the day prior to the start of school if they are new to the district).
In compliance with the Kentucky State Board of Education and Public Health regulations, parent/guardian must (on or before the first day of school) have provided the school with the following:
- · Kentucky Immunization Certificate showing all age appropriate vaccines including: Diphtheria-Pertussis-Tetanus (DPT) and Polio Vaccine (IPV or OPV), two doses of Measles-Mumps-Rubella vaccine (MMR), three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine (HBV), and two doses of the Chickenpox vaccine (VAR).
- · School Medical Examination Form completed by family physician within 1 year before Kindergarten enrollment. Preschool exam will be acceptable for Kindergarten.
- · First time enrollees to Kentucky public schools also require an eye examination performed by an Optometrist or Ophthalmologist.
- · A certificate of a Dental Screening or Examination by a dentist, dental hygienist, physician, registered nurse, advanced registered nurse practitioner, or a physician assistant is required.
- · A completed enrollment sheet returned to the school office
All forms may be obtained through the school office or downloaded from The Kenton County School District Web site at www.kenton.kyschools.us under Student Services enrollment information.
It is not necessary that the child accompany the parent/guardian to be registered. Should the parent/guardian be unable to register his/her child on the scheduled registration day, an appointment for another date and time should be scheduled at the school by June 1 at 341-5260.