The Kenton County School District
A System of Excellence
Preamble: The Kenton County School District is a learning community of students, educators, staff, families, and businesses dedicated to providing quality learning opportunities.
Mission Statement: Through equity and excellence, we will educate all students to successfully demonstrate the knowledge and skills essential for lifelong learning, social well-being, and active responsible citizenship, ensuring our graduates will be prepared to successfully compete in the global work market.
• Each student is important.
• Every student can be a successful learner.
• Effort creates ability.
• Self-esteem and personal dignity come from within an individual.
• Each student has a right to a quality education with rigorous learning opportunities.
• Each student has a responsibility to respect others' rights to a quality education.
• • Recognition and acceptance of cultural, social, physical, and economic differences creates a healthy learning community.
• Learning is a life-long process.
• Students, educators, staff, families, businesses, and the community share in the responsibility for creating an environment in which students can learn and succeed at high levels.
• Proficiency for all students is within our reach. We believe in excellence for all students.
The Kenton County Board of Education has established three main goals that serve as areas of concentration and focus for the entire school district. The goals are:
Goal 1 – All students will perform at or above grade level in numeracy and literacy at each transition point.
Goal 2 - All ‘professional practices’ will be based on a common understanding of quality instruction and best practice for every student, in every classroom, every day.
Goal 3 – Beginning in the fourth grade, all students will participate in at least one activity providing a meaningful connection to school beyond the regular classroom each year.