Attention all of Dixie’s staff.
Being a part of the energy wise team we are proud to present the information to you about how much energy we have conserved. From the start of the year we have won the Wise Guy challenge 3 months in a row. The wise guy challenge is a challenge between the schools in Kenton County to reduce energy consumption. September we saved 68.9% more energy than our baseline year (05’-06’); and from there we have saved 65.7% in October and 56.3% this month.
Let’s try to keep this going by:
· Turning your lights out before and after school, during lunch, and when class room is not in use
· Turn you computer monitors and printers off when not in use
· Turn your personal appliances off
· Close doors during class and when room is unoccupied
· Close windows when heating is on
· Turn lights off when sun provides enough light
· Blinds or shades closed to reduce heat form sun on warmer days
· Blinds or shades open to admit heat from sun on cooler days
· Vents unobstructed so heating and cooling can freely enter room
· Room arranged for the best energy usage
· Thermostat No electronic equipment within five feet
Thank you for your time and support
-The E=WISE2 team